Friday 24 April 2015

Spartan - Low Poly Weapons & Shield

To start making the low-poly equipment of the Xiphos Sword, Spear and Spartan shield I used several programs. ZBrush to get high-detail information, XNormal to transfer that detail, Photoshop to build textures and maya to composite it all.


I exported out an .obj from ZBrush that I had used ZRemesher on to significantly bring the polycount down and more optimized for game engines. 


Using XNormal, I loaded in both the high poly and low poly with UV's and was able to export out a normal map. With this I could then use that map as a bump map on my material. This gave my shield all the details from the high poly while maintaining around ~2k polygons.


I went for a bronze material and in photoshop I made the texture and brought it in maya and this completed the game ready version of the shield.



Unlike the shield I started off in Maya for this spear and then brought it into ZBrush to add final detailing that would be converted onto the normal map and finally applied as a bump map.





The same process was used for the sword.

No comments:

Post a Comment